We welcome individuals and couples from around the country to join our inclusive community for the summer and live in one of our lifesharing homes. Our land interns focus their energy on tending to our biodynamically nurtured land located on 525 acres of diverse landscapes in the glacial moraine of Central Minnesota.
The biodynamic approach to agriculture provides the core tenets of our farming philosophy and is the foundation of our farming operation. We are looking for someone who wants to work towards making real change in the relationship between humanity and the earth. Land interns will have the opportunity to learn about the making of biodynamic preparations and extensive use of these preparations. It is more important that this individual resonates with the values of our farm and community than that he or she has prior farming skills.
Our community includes adults who have intellectual and developmental disabilities and we live and work together in a therapeutic way. We are looking for enthusiastic people that take initiative and are comfortable working alongside people who have a range of abilities.
The land interns will have the opportunity to learn and contribute to all aspects of the land work including working in the biodynamically grown vegetable and herb gardens; sustainable forestry; feeding and caring for cows and chickens; working in our orchards; and sometimes mechanized farm fieldwork growing cow feed. All of these tasks include working with adults who have developmental disabilities in an inclusive way, using person-centered adaptive methods.
- Work with farm and garden crews to steward the land in all types of weather
- Work alongside crews of up to eight people who have a range of abilities
- Live in a life-sharing home and contribute to some meals and cleaning of common areas Complete state mandated and Camphill specific training
- Work 5-6 days per week at varied hours
- Interest in working with people who have developmental disabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Ability to set goals and make an assessment of successes and how to better achieve goals in the next growing season
- Be 18 years or older
- Be able to pass a background check
- Complete Star Services training for working with adults who have disabilities
- Monthly Stipend
- Free room and board (wifi included)
- Daily, organic, farm-fresh meals
- Use of community vehicles (including gas/insurance)
- One full day off during the week
- Student Loan payments ($250-$500/mo)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation (when staying a year or longer)
- Medical insurance and copays (when staying a year or longer)
In our community, we offer a comfortable lifestyle instead of a salary. We know it’s different, so ask questions! Our compensation is needs-based and part of the initial conversations.
- We are seeking 4-5 interns this summer. If you have a friend or partner who is also interested in this position, we encourage you both to apply!
- The start date and length of commitment are flexible but we prioritize applicants who can commit to staying 4-6 months over the growing season.
- Star Services for state-mandated training and Biodynamic training and mentorship provided.
To apply visit camphill.org or email your resume to Angela Michieli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
See us in action!